Monday 1 May 2017

Day 4 - 121 -- In a Fog

Thankfully it was cloudy today. I still had to wear my sunglasses, but not having to wear the ball cap was good for me -- with that encircling my head, I'd have gone mad. This is day 4 of a migraine and day 3 of the wonderful pain that accompanies some of these events. Starting Saturday, I felt barely awake. I've described this as lost in a fog or being wrapped in cotton batting. Sunday had some moments like this, but today was the full day. Not being able to find nouns or fully recall things that I know can be frustrating and embarrassing and disconcerting. Successful communication seems unlikely.

Despite the physical interfering agents, I managed to get several needed tasks done at the office. Perhaps this metaphorically describes the hurdles that occur in daily life. Working around, over or through barriers that appear requires energy, but can also provide a degree of satisfaction. Days like today remind me that non-migraine days may seem difficult, but not as bad as migraine days. <smile>

A song that came to mind was for its metaphorical nature. It speaks to the desire for an instant fix to this physiological problem and does this with humour. Well, it made me smile, but then my neurons aren't functioning at peak capacity at the moment <grin>. Love this video and the reddish orange attire. Again, thankfully when I saw the band black Levis were de rigueur. Enjoy!

I Want a New Drug -- Huey Lewis and the News



No comments:

Post a Comment