Friday 5 October 2018

Day 5 - 276 -- Herding

The day involved much running in circles trying to corral others whose work I depend upon. By the end of the day, one very major situation seemed to finally be resolved. Between messages and calls, I did complete several other small tasks from the 'to do' list -- gathering information for a project, contacting others re: future work, and sorting out a way to approach another situation that is threatening to go in a direction that I won't follow. On the way home, I got groceries and stopped at the drug store for three items. At home I put things away and as I checked the drug store receipt, it was clear the senior's discount had not gone through. I've had this occur many times. Tonight I was so tired, I forgot to check for the discount before paying or at best before walking out the door. I walked back to the store and got things straightened out -- another example of having to be ever vigilant over the work of the others that can affect me.

In the main office this morning, I stopped mid-word when I heard a voice on the radio. It was Janis Joplan, not something that station usually plays, so it caught my attention. Later in the day, I realized that this was the anniversary of her death in 1970 -- 48 years ago. The song shared here seemed to fit my need to just step up and do my side of things and try to come to terms with herding others to get where I should be <smile>. Enjoy!

Raise Your Hand -- Janis Joplin


No comments:

Post a Comment