Monday 8 October 2018

Day 5 - 279 -- Major Pain

Thanksgiving Sunday began with energy as I finished laundry, cooked veggie dish for dinner, and put much into the freezer for later meals. Further cooking halted when I discovered six onions from a 2 lb bag (so only 1 or 2 used) were rotting -- some from the inside out and others molding from the outside in. I'm so tired of onions spoiling before use -- in a matter of only a couple of weeks! So -- those tasks are put off until I shop again after the holiday tomorrow. As I was checking in on social media, I marveled at how much I was getting done today -- despite the lack of cooking as planned. Within just a few minutes, I was seized by some form of anger feeling. While trying to figure that out, I realized that I was in major pain. My neck gets sore often  -- leftovers from a whiplash injury a few years back. I had felt something in my shoulders earlier and put it off to this injury. Well -- it wasn't. A migraine had moved in when I wasn't looking. :(

Sometimes there are warning signs. Often I seem to miss them until the pain is full blown or someone else looks at me and asks if I have a headache. Today, I totally missed this. Again, as I've stated in past posts -- why do I seem to be out of touch physically? I was in a good mood and focused on that rather than checking in with physical stuff. Why would I when I 'felt' good? I did have some bits of head pain last evening, but they left quickly, so I wasn't thinking of this as a warning. So -- at dinner tonight, I ate well since the pain had subsided due to chemical treatment. The second pill should have been taken on a full stomach, so I had packed on in my pants pocket. When I felt for it, the pocket was empty. I then recalled that I had changed pants just before heading out for the holiday dinner. <sigh>. So, I took the pill when I returned home about an hour later.

When thinking -- albeit through a fog -- a song title came to mind. It asked the question I had -- why does the body choose to wage war on itself? The song lyrics speak to this very point. It is performed by a band from the 1980s. The video shows the fun style statements made by this group. Enjoy!

Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? -- Culture Club




No comments:

Post a Comment