Monday 15 October 2018

Day 5 - 286 -- Colour Changes in the Sky

When I woke this morning, there was great golden light filling the house. The sun was shining and the sky was gorgeous blue with very few wispy clouds. The weather folks said it was 3C feeling like the freezing point, so I dressed in a heavier fleece than usual and a wind breaker when I ventured out to run errands at the bank and to buy milk -- the necessities of life <smile>. When I got outside, I discovered that the gloves were not necessary and the sun felt very warm. The air temperature had risen over the past hour or so. It was 12C by that time, so it was much warmer. I swept the four-inch blanket of leaves off the front porch, stairs and walkway. Much of the day was spent organizing details for the coming months through e-mail, phone calls and in-person discussions. More phone meetings scheduled for tomorrow to speak about two major projects. On the way out of the building tonight the moon was visible for the first time in a long while. By then the cloud from the approaching weather bomb had begun to creep across the sky. We're told that cloudiness will be in our days for the remainder of the week -- at least.

Seeing the blue sky affected many people. Again, this weather phenomenon was part of most conversations or passing greetings. Seeing the blue sky and then the moon felt like seeing friends who had been away for some time. Faces appeared more relaxed and people smiled more today. My mood was quite positive which helped me to do the requisite planning of 'fun' things that will bring answers to those myriad research questions. On days like today, I really miss having a window at the office <smile>.

As I thought through the effect this short weather change had on me and others I encountered, a line from a song hit the consciousness. The version features two harmonizing voices and a great keyboard. Enjoy!

Moonglow -- Tony Bennett ft. k.d. lang

No comments:

Post a Comment