Sunday 28 October 2018

Day 5 - 296 -- Home Again

A major storm moved through overnight and into the morning. Lots of rain fell and the winds were strong. While eating breakfast at the hotel, I watched as the clouds raced across the sky. By the time I finished, there were blue patches showing. My luggage arrived around 11:30. I changed clothes, checked-out and loaded the car. Hearing that the storm was moving the same direction I planned to travel, I chose not to head into the city for a couple quick stops, but instead to travel behind the storm as best I could. Roadways were covered in water in a few places and in one area it was a lot of water. Seeing the clouds up ahead, I decided to stop in the next town and walk around for an hour to ensure the storm had moved ahead of me. That last part of the trip is on two-lane roads. The ground was sodden in the driveway when I arrived home, but the sky was clearing. Inside the house all the electronics were flashing -- the power had been out earlier in the day.

After unpacking and thinking through the events of the day again, I was thankful for weather that wasn't too ugly when I had to drive home and for very kind people at the hotel who helped me deal with the frustration and stress of not having my 'stuff' and were very willing to celebrate with me when the bag finally arrived.  Being home and having my own bed and 'stuff' helped me feel calmer. A country tune reminded me of the feelings of heading back to my abode. The lyrics include references to places close to where I was over the past week. Love this song and the voice that sang it. Enjoy!

Take Me Home Country Roads -- John Denver




No comments:

Post a Comment