Tuesday 16 October 2018

Day 5 - 288 -- Walking Challenges

I woke feeling tired but had a reasonable sleep overnight. Interestingly, there was a major wind storm overnight complete with monsoonal rains. I generally wake a bit during storms, but missed this one totally. When I left the house later in the morning, the rain had stopped and the skies were clearing. Bright blue skies arrived. Winds did not leave. Later in the day means that parking near the building can be difficult. I ended up way on the other side of campus. The walk across campus against the wind mainly, was a challenge -- a real workout. The wind had a propensity to choose my direction regardless of what I intended. Fighting that while walking uphill definitely increased heart rate <smile>.  By the time I left the office this evening, the skies were still clear, but the wind had vanished, making the walk back to the car invigorating but more manageable than the earlier walk.

Dancing with the wind this morning brought a song line to mind. The song shared uses wind as a metaphor for challenges we encounter in life. Enjoy!

Against the Wind -- Bob Seger


No comments:

Post a Comment