Thursday 11 October 2018

Day 5 - 283 -- Hurt Feelings

Guess what! Rain still falls here. <smile> The last of the system that came through Ontario and Quebec ended early in the day just in time to see the outer band of what remains of Hurricane Michael. Total accumulations forecast will be at least 25 mm (1 inch) with likelihood of double that amount. Reading back in posts for the past years, this time of year often brings with it heavy rains from tropical systems that have moved north. Some easterly winds will accompany the rain, but nothing too gusty is expected.

Needless to say, the grayness continues. This does affect my mood at times, too. I fear I offended someone with something I said, which was far from my intent. A topic arose that has created hurt feelings and confusion in me from the statements of others that seemed rather unfeeling or outright harsh. I just couldn't walk that road again today so left the conversation. When asked to explain, I did and said I felt I might respond in a less than polite way to the topic and I didn't want to do that, so I'd walked away. I don't think that my explanation reduced the hurt that was visible. That makes me sad. It appears that sun is forecast to arrive on the weekend; in the same vein, I hope the hurt feelings can be rectified with a talk when we are both less tired.

Tonight I'm listening to the rain on the roof and the occasional splashing on the side of the house with a touch of wind making the rain fall at an angle. At present this sounds very relaxing. A song came to mind this morning when the meteorologists presented the path the post tropical low will take today and tomorrow. This one also made me smile. The version of this folk song shared here had amazing harmonies common to the group performing. I also love their choice for verse 3. Enjoy!

Michael Row the Boat Ashore -- Peter, Paul and Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment