Monday 8 October 2018

Day 5 - 280 -- Listening Inwardly

Today involved doing very little. I had some plans, but most were put on hold. The migraine pain is lessened now, but led to a restless sleep. I woke feeling foggy and definitely low energy. An appetite has not really appeared. I plan for supper to be a bit more than eaten so far, but nothing outside of the definition of bland and lower fat. The hope is that tomorrow improvements will continue. I have a few small items to do in the office and a small basket of things needed from the grocery store. So -- nothing really requiring huge energy awaits.

Listening to some recorded television programming was the highlight of the day. I re-watched something that I'd tried to view last evening, but I fell asleep instead. Earlier yesterday I'd tried to follow the plot, but was doing other things and was on the upside of this headache with impaired cognition. Today, I was able to follow things and really liked this season premiere and look forward to the next episodes.

The day has been grey, so no major sunshine to block out and was reasonably quiet inside and outside so no major noise to block either. Both photophobia and phonophobia seem to be part of this headache -- again not the usual. Loss of appetite does not occur with most headaches, either. While experienced this time, they just do not accompany the majority of headaches. Migraines can be of varying types and I get at least 2 or 3 types. Triggers are different and symptoms are not identical. Gladly -- or is that thankfully today <smile> - this type visits less often.

The lyrics that came to mind today explain some of what I felt. Appropriately soft and easy to listen to, the melody and harmonies made me smile. This duo's distinctive sound hasn't been duplicated -- love it. Enjoy!

The Sound of Silence -- Simon and Garfunkel


No comments:

Post a Comment