Monday 15 October 2018

Day 5 - 287 -- Winds Bring Much to Ponder

The day began with some patches of blue sky between the clouds. Winds blew leaves off trees in larger amounts than the past few days. This air movement also had the clouds flying across the sky. I finished some household chores and then ran out to get six items at the grocery store. Two were not there, but I found two other items that were on sale. So the total was still just six. <smile>  I was surprised when I stepped out the front door. I was pleased to have my stretchie gloves in my jacket pocket as the winds made things feel very cool. It brought a number of comments from everyone at the grocery store, too.

Just that bit of sun -- and some reasonable rest -- helped move my mood into a more pleasant place. I worked on household accounts into the evening -- a task that I truly dislike, but found that I didn't get too frustrated with the pace of the process -- always too slow for my liking <smile>.  I watched some past episodes of a favourite series through the day and evening, which also helped to keep my mood more upbeat than recent days. Many tasks to undertake tomorrow and I will work at keeping the positive feeling close.

When pondering why moods can change from one day to the next for no inexplicable reason, a song line ran through my head. It did fit the thoughts and meteorological events today. I love this version with the singer-songwriter and that unmistakable phrasing. Enjoy!

Blowing in the Wind -- Bob Dylan



No comments:

Post a Comment