Wednesday 17 October 2018

Day 5 - 289 -- Feeling Deranged

The sun of the morning left abruptly about 10 AM. The cloud thickened quickly with some spitting rain briefly in the afternoon. Temperature was cold, so it was a day for the heavier fleece liner under the rain jacket. I attended a 'coffee with the president' event in our building this morning and had some fun conversations with several people. After lunch I had two appointments. One with the physio was to deal with the neck pain that has been waking me up often. His verdict was it was a derangement  -- no surprise to many <g>. He said my neck was actually a bit crooked -- something that only he could see -- I'm not noticeably bent <smile>. It is a mild form of the issue, so should be better with some simple exercises and stretches.

I find it scary when there is even a mild issue with a vertebral disk, though this isn't something that generally leads to disk deterioration. These are rather common and come from twisting or turning with a sustained posture. The derangement is a small bulge of a disk that presses against a nerve -- in this case the occipital nerve. The result is numbness or pain in the scalp as well as pain in the neck. I'm not sure what caused this, though this is the same side that received a whiplash injury several years ago. So -- I will dutifully attend to the exercises so that this irritation will go away.

I will have to admit that the first song that came to mind was from the very distant past -- as in childhood. Some days I believe my brain is more than a touch quirky <grin>. Enjoy!

There was a crooked man -- nursery rhyme



No comments:

Post a Comment