Wednesday 10 October 2018

Day 5 - 281 -- Surrounded by Grayness

The day was cold and wet. Heavy grey cloud produced a day that never really brightened up -- felt like sundown all day long.  Other parts of the country west of here have temperatures in the high 20s with major humidity to make if feel even warmer. Even further west it is snowing again. If we go south, a hurricane made landfall in the Florida panhandle. It seems wherever I look, weather is less than perfect.

I woke at 5AM feeling hungry -- a good thing when I needed a pain pill for the headache. I never got back to sleep until 7PM after I ate supper. The grayness of the day did nothing to wake me up when out doing errands and heading to a meeting. I picked up the basics that I was missing on the weekend, so that I can finish the cooking planned and get the freezer filled with cold weather warmth. A meeting helped with future planning and some of the former office books found new homes. Still lots to go there, but it will work well over time.

At the end of the day, I still felt the need to perk up a bit. A lyric from an older Broadway tune fit the feeling of the day well. Enjoy!

Put on a Happy Face -- Tony Bennet


No comments:

Post a Comment