Tuesday 13 April 2021

Day 8 - 102 -- Seeing Friends

 A cool northerly wind flew through the day. By evening the wind was quite strong. Drizzle of late afternoon became rain. Temperatures were chilly. I think the dampness made it feel colder. To keep me moving forward and not just wrapping myself in blankets and quilts and sleep the day away, I headed to campus to print the documents and such that I'd worked on over the weekend. The printer wanted to make everything in colour, so some pages had bits of bright ink splashed across the header. 

My favourite part of the time on campus today was seeing and speaking with friends and colleagues who were three dimensional. It felt to see their faces as often we've just heard each others voices in virtual classrooms and meetings. I so miss the personal interactions like this. Even with masks, it was great to see their eyes as they spoke -- they showed the smiles hidden under the masks.  

Seeing friends today helped lift my spirits a bit. I chose a song today that reflects how important friends can be. This version has a more upbeat tempo than some of the covers, so it fit today best. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

With a Little Help from my Friends -- The Beatles




No comments:

Post a Comment