Friday 30 April 2021

Day 8 - 119 -- Facing Fear

We had a sunny and slightly warmer start to the day. This will be the respite sandwiched between cooler and rainy days. The light wind made things feel a bit cooler than the actual temperature when I was out briefly in the afternoon. During the day I had two short visits by phone and Skype. It was great to check in with people as we are isolating.  Somehow, it feels more oppressive that the usual self imposed isolation has been <sigh>. 

I'll admit the situation of this third wave brings feelings of fear. We have been very lucky in this province to have things reasonably controlled over the past year-ish. Those in charge have been transparent and trustworthy. In fact, the Chief Medical Officer of Health will receive an honourary doctorate degree for his work through this pandemic at convocation next Friday. The ceremonies will be virtual without people gathering together due to the lockdown. Some parts will be recorded while others will be live. I plan to watch via Zoom and will be wearing my academic regalia. Graduates of this year hold the final group of people I taught before retirement. <smile> 

A couple of lines from a song came to mind today. The title states how I've been feeling and a few lines of the chorus use various synonyms. So, this was the choice for the day. It is by a Canadian prairie artist. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I'm Scared -- Burton Cummings

 


No comments:

Post a Comment