Saturday 24 April 2021

Day 8 - 114 -- Moonstruck

 Today began sunny that turned to cloudiness by mid-afternoon and sun again by late afternoon. The moon rose before sunset and is almost full. It looked delightful shining in the blue sky.  I find myself looking at the moon every time I pass a south facing window tonight. It is so good to see the moon. Cloudiness has been with us for so long that the moon and stars have not been visible at night. Even the sun has been obscured. I found it bright and blinding around sunset. <smile> I grew up in a part of the continent where skies were clear for the vast majority of days. Living in a maritime climate now, clouds are more often present -- sometimes for over two weeks at a time. Not seeing the celestial bodies can be disorienting. So, when the sky clears and everything is visible again, I take great pleasure in just gazing at it all. 

The skies are clearer and the  moon is so bright tonight. I heard the chorus lines of a song run through my head while staring at the moon. The words were just how I felt -- a bit joyous and ready to dance. <smile>  The music and tempo help. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Dancing in the Moonlight -- King Harvest




No comments:

Post a Comment