Thursday 8 April 2021

Day 8 - 98 -- Still Procrastinating?

 I walked in the sun to do two errands today. There was a light breeze and lots of blue sky. Earlier I had to defer to a live chat with my mobility provider since waiting for a live voice takes forever. Errors on the bill were rectified 'as a courtesy' this time. There should not be a second time for them to make this error <sigh> I ended the afternoon with a fun check-in chat with a good friend. 

Other than that, the day seemed to be led by procrastination. I dislike having to poke people to do their job when I've done everything I needed to do before turning things over to the next step. I find it frustrating when I have to remind people that things that may have gotten lost in their inboxes. Even a message noting that things may take longer than usual would help. At least it would acknowledge that they got my message and materials. One overdue item ended today without me having to send a message. I got a document with a hand written note telling the individual had been carrying this around for months (3.5 actually) meaning to drop it off. Instead it was placed in the mail this week. There are two other outstanding items -- one more urgent than the other, but again, why has this become my responsibility? <sigh> The other question is 'Why do I let this sit so long?' Confrontation isn't my favourite thing yet that isn't the usual end point with similar situations. I need to lean into the discomfort, it seems. That and be a bit kinder to myself and know I'm not in this alone. 

A song line came to mind today. The song has had many, many covers. One kept coming to mind. This is a year old, but again, fits the situation in some areas of the country now. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Lean on Me -- ArtistsCAN



 

No comments:

Post a Comment