Wednesday 14 April 2021

Day 8 - 104 -- Need to Hide

Sunshine poked through the clouds into afternoon and my outing to grocery store. Getting out of the house for a little bit can feel good. The walls have been closing in on my lately. Some days I just need a hug. 

Anxiety remained high today -- feeling trapped with fear, frustration, and anger. None of this is directed in any one direction but at everything that feels threatening. Listening to my brief review of the days news seems to have been adding to the anxiousness lately. 'Less than expert' individuals are interviewed and share their own fears and 'what ifs'. This doesn't inform the public; instead it feeds the frenzy among viewers -- definitely not helpful for mental health. I will try to go back to reading headlines with the sound muted and then move on to something less inciting in hopes of feeling a bit calmer.  I also need to look for the positives during the day. Acknowledging the negative feelings also needs to be done -- name it and sit with it, then move on with the day. This is difficult to do, but hiding feelings or hiding from feelings doesn't help us to continue moving forward. 

That said, I did think that hiding until things pass (whenever that might be) sounded like a solid plan <smile>. That brought one of my favourite lyric lines to mind. I've used the song here before, but it still works for me when I start to feel like this. This fun duet version is different from the one I've shared before. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Milkshake -- Peter Tork & James Lee Stanley





 

No comments:

Post a Comment