Thursday 22 April 2021

Day 8 - 112 -- Admiring Nature

It's been a mixed bag today in terms of weather. Stronger winds accompany the front moving across the region. This included cloudy skies, some rain in the early afternoon and bits of blue sky and sun between cloudy areas. It seemed a perfect fit for the day -- Earth Day.  

The new neighbours partied loud and late last night. I was so hoping for more permanent residents to move into the house after the renos. Like many things these days, my wishes weren't enough to change the world <smile> I did very little today-- a couple of chats with others, listening to the latest on provincial lockdown measures, and  taking some time to relax and rest. I enjoyed looking at the large purple-blue patches of squill in the front lawn. More blooms than in past years appeared this year. That made me smile. I look forward to the magnolias which should begin soon -- one of my favourite signs of seasonal change. In the meantime, lilies, irises and phlox are showing lots of greenery. 

Taking some time to pay attention to nature in my yard today felt good. The song shared here comes from a major album. Take time to relax and enjoy the world around you. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Mother Nature's Son -- The Beatles




No comments:

Post a Comment