Saturday 3 April 2021

Day - 8 - 92 -- Odd Day

It was a odd day with a few unexpected happenings. Anxiety was part and parcel of it all. When I sat to ponder and move past a few things, I felt a bit down. I heard a question in my head that I had posed earlier in the week -- What have I accomplished in the past year? It felt like nothing, but then I had focus on what I'd planned and hoped to accomplish. A colleague and friend Immediately noted that I had remained healthy -- that I followed public health guidelines to protect others and me -- and that I had cared for others. I challenged the concept of 'remaining healthy' since I feel that for many of us, this past year has messed with mental health at the cost of avoiding infectious disease. 

Pondering this helped me begin to look at the bigger picture of how I measure success. I had been looking for more tangible and measurable things but may have been missing all that intangible stuff. I didn't clean out the closets, put a new backing on a quilt, complete planned research along with major writing, spend time with friends and family, and so many other plans I had at the beginning of the pandemic. Perhaps I have learned a bit more about myself, the world around me and my place in it all. Just a bit, though, since these may never be fully understood. Together with friends we've connected in different ways than usual visits -- working to support and maintain our relationships. These are accomplishments -- just not those I had expected. Maybe I understand a bit more about what is important to me in this world. Recently when I asked myself what I would regret not doing if I never had another chance, it came down to one thing -- tell them I love them. 💖 

A song from my youth fits my thoughts today and the point of the blog. <smile> I still have this vinyl album though it is very well worn. One for all of you. Keep safe. Enjoy!

I'll have to say I love you in a song -- Jim Croce




No comments:

Post a Comment