Sunday 18 April 2021

Day 8 - 107 -- Power of Silence

My day began with light drizzle mixed with occasional snow flakes.  The greyness of the day matched my first activity this morning -- viewing the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. For a COVID style service, it worked well. Only 30 family members attended and the choir was a well-spaced group of four plus a conductor.  The music was amazing. The four voices sounded much fuller than expected in the amazing acoustics of the chapel.  The lone bagpiper followed by the regimental bugles and trumpets were moving and sounded stunning. Luckily the day was sunning in Windsor. 

My day was quiet as I spent time watching some recorded programming and did half of the weekly laundry. Having felt yucky for a couple of weeks, I found that a day just resting helped me feel a bit better physically and emotionally. Finding a space that lets me brain ease into silence and move away from the frenetic fear, anger and frustration helps so much. Techniques to get there will vary based on the day and often may require outside assistance. <smile> Today, I found some on my own and had help from another. That should help with my sleep tonight. 

Lyrics from a song note the calmness that self and others can provide. In this case, the music helps, too. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Easy Silence -- The Chicks




 


No comments:

Post a Comment