Saturday 3 July 2021

Day 8 - 183 -- Gentle Rains

It rained on and off most of the day. I did a drive into the county to put some kilometres on before getting the wheel retorqued. It would have been nicer to see the views without the rain, but it worked. After the visit to the dealership, I picked up a half-dozen things at the grocery store. The lineup for checkout was longer than I've seen it. there were 20 or so in line when I joined and then another 15 or more behind me. It was early afternoon on a Friday and it was the first day open after the first of the month when cheques and pay roll arrive. So, many people were stocking up. I had a late lunch and sat down to listen to a recorded program only to fall asleep. I did not sleep well last night, so it was no surprise. I had a decent nap and then carried on into the evening.  

A rainy day can be relaxing. I enjoy the sound of the rain on the roof and windows, which feels soothing particularly in the night. This feeling coves with gentle rains and not the horizontal rains of a hurricane or post-tropical storm. <smile> Perhaps that soothing rhythm helped me to nap today. Most songs about rain use this as a sad or lonely metaphor. There are a few out there that have a more positive sound to them I chose one from a long while back to share today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Love a Rainy Night -- Eddie Rabbit




No comments:

Post a Comment