Monday 5 July 2021

Day 8 - 186 -- Taking it Easy

Slept fairly well last night considering the arm was sore from shoulder to fingertips last night. Today, the discomfort is more localized to injection site, but left side of neck and head hurt now. Meds seem to have eased that well. Fatigue is major as expected based on the reaction with the first dose. So, today was a quiet day at home watching recorded programs, eating several small meals throughout the day and keeping hydrated. My only outing for the day was to take the green bin and garbage to the curb for pick up tomorrow morning -- not a bit effort but the biggest for today. <smile>  Tomorrow I have to be out to an appointment Just after lunch and to run two small errands earlier in the day. I do plan to take it easy and do only what feels right. This may be me being kind to myself, though the voice in my head seems to think it may be an excuse for being lazy. <eye roll> 

I heard that today was the 70th anniversary of the bikini. When looking at that first version shown in Paris, it looks like it has 2 to 3 times the material even a regular two piece has today. As for bikinis now -- far less coverage than in 1946. The song was put into my head by the site where I heard about this auspicious anniversary. It is like an ear worm -- no it IS an earworm -- so be forewarned. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini -- Brian Hyland


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment