Wednesday 7 July 2021

Day 8 - 187 -- Remembering

Today began bright and sunny but clouded over into the early evening. Little rain is forecast, but the humidity will be high overnight as temperatures tend to remain high.hot and humid feeling again tomorrow followed by a couple of days of cloud and rain. Part of that should be the remnants of Tropical Storm Elsa. I did a couple of errands and found one office closed up, which is unusual. I will try again tomorrow but begin with a phone call. Another call found no answer at a second office. These are small professional business owners who employ one other person, so not finding folks at work is odd. This means two phone calls for tomorrow.  

Several household paperwork projects need my attention this week along with one work report to submit. I expected Monday to be a day to deal with any possible effects of the vaccine. Today I felt a bit perkier, but had no luck with errands. There is a degree of fatigue still hanging on, but the arm felt almost usual. There is a bump at the injection site, but next to no pain. The first dose left the arm sore for about a week. The second dose has been different. If things improve into tomorrow, I should be able to tackle some of the computer work that has deadlines looming. Besides, I would like to see the piles of associated papers moved into files and out of sight. <smile> 

On the weekend, a friend who was ahead of me in high school and who later married into my best friend's family, passed away suddenly. When thinking of some of our many meetings over the years, I smiled when I recalled a conversation about music. The selections for today are by the favourite artist that this friend noted. The first is a song that makes me smile and was one mentioned in our conversation that day. The second is less well known, but a great cover version of another song with a Canadian connection. Keep safe. Enjoy!  

She Came in Through the Bathroom Window -- Joe Cocker


Bird on a Wire -- Joe Cocker






No comments:

Post a Comment