Saturday 3 July 2021

Day 8 - 184 -- Background Music

It was another cloudy and cool day. I did some laundry and household chores with one outing to fill the gas tank. The price was an amazing 1.35/L! Luckily, there was just the top 1/4 to 1/3 of the tank needed. Still -- that number is staggering.

I listened to the bio-documentary "Life in 12 Bars" while doing stuff around the house this afternoon. Lots of amazing music -- Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, and a solo career. The life story is filled with tragedy, but he would translate the myriad emotions into the music.

I chose a song that is different from much of his earlier work. This has a more pop sound, but the lyrics of the chorus (and the title) speak to me <grin>. I also included a song with an amazing opening guitar riff. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I've Got a Rock and Roll Heart -- Eric Clapton 



Layla -- Derek and the Dominoes





No comments:

Post a Comment