Tuesday 20 July 2021

Day 8 - 201 -- No Big Rain

The day felt warm and humid with menacing clouds all day. Lights were required inside the house due to the heavy cloud cover outside. By mid-afternoon, I headed out for a walk to the pharmacy carrying my rain jacket 'just in case'. I took a detour on the way home, stopping a law office to check on status of documents in preparation. We spoke of a couple of small bits and will meet again to review drafts in a couple of weeks. 

As I walked home, I felt the first little raindrops when I was three doors away from home. By the time I was in the driveway, the drops had become more intense -- greater frequency and larger in size. Luckily, the clothing got slightly damp only. There was no need to run, though I may not have since standing in the rain might have been calming and cleansing. The small bit of rain that did fall wouldn't have soaked clothes anyway -- just a wierd day where major rain was expected but didn't arrive. 

Rather than sharing another song about rain, most of which are sad, I include the title song from an album released on this day over 50 years ago. Much has been written about the origin of the title. <smile> The lengthy song led the way for future extended play songs. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida -- Iron Butterfly



No comments:

Post a Comment