Tuesday 13 July 2021

Day 8 - 193 -- New Experiences

Each year on my birthday, I challenge myself to do the same number of new things as my age. Being in lockdown and isolated made me think that I wouldn't meet the requisite numbers over the past two years. As with last year, I will exceed that number again this year. Some things are planned, but many just present themselves. In most cases these are positive, but as with life new things come in all flavours. When first doing this 15 years ago, expectation were not what today held. We are finally getting to work towards a more permanent fix for the three teeth damaged when I fell back in January 2020. Three times now we have been in lockdown or strongly encouraged to avoid non-essential outings. So, today we did the first major step -- a root canal. The freezing was the worst part. The process was not pleasant, but at least it was not painful. In the end, there seemed not to be a nerve present, so the process was stopped. 

There may be another such experience in the future depending on the outcome of preparation for caps. I'll be sure to keep you all apprised. <smile>  The song shared today speaks to the need to keep moving forward. Doing new things regularly keeps me from getting stuck in a rut, which would impede motivation and momentum. Keep safe. Enjoy!

It's My Life -- Bon Jovi





No comments:

Post a Comment