Friday 30 July 2021

Day 8 - 210 -- Outdoor Fete

Sunny blue skies filled the day along with moderate temperatures and lower humidity. It was a perfect day to be outside. A friend held a garden (and deck) party today. It was a fun day with loads of great food -- cheese and crackers, potato salad, fruit salad, crudites, shrimp, smoked salmon, crab spread, cake and so much more. Most people were retired faculty from the past many years. I knew a few peripherally, and a handful as acquaintances. I stayed to chat for a while after helping a bit with set up and then had to head out to a couple of urgent errands. I did go back early into the evening to help with cleanup. 

When I got home, I went for a short walk to enjoy the cooler evening air. On my way home, I met the new dog on the block -- a 30 lb ball of fluff -- only 8 weeks old. He is the grandson of the dog that passed in March -- it will be nice to see a new fellow there and what he can bring to the block. That house also has a new kitten who has grown a lot and is filled with amazing energy and stunning vertical leaps. The older cat (3 or 4 years old) keeps an eye on the young ones to make sure they are safe. Had a great chat with their person, too. <smile> 

As I was helping setup things at the party, a song line ran through my head. It seemed like the perfect song to share today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Garden Party -- Ricky Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment