Tuesday 27 July 2021

Day 8 - 208 -- Sky View

Today brought much warmer temperatures than we've had for a week or two. The humidity was high with a risk of thunder storms. An air quality advisory appeared due to the approaching smoke from fires west of this coast. I headed out after lunch to run errands and took my rain jacket since it had gotten darker and the sun disappeared. Once I got up the hill and out of downtown, it became clear that is wasn't rain cloud, but heavy smoke hanging over the hills right down to ground level -- like I was walking through it. I sneezed once while in a store and several times once I got home. It doesn't smell like smoke, but the particulates were everywhere. There is hope that rain might help to clear the humidity and some of the smoke. 

The selection for today came from the streaming celebration of life I attended this evening. I hadn't heard the song for years, but knew all the words. The opening riff is unmistakable. It was a great recessional. And, it dealt with the sky as did my my outing today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Spirit in the Sky -- The Kentucky Headhunters





No comments:

Post a Comment