Friday 9 July 2021

Day 8 - 190 -- Brief Respite

The morning brought pouring rain. I dashed out between downpours to finish the errands for the week. The rain diminished during the afternoon. This was a low pressure system from Quebec. Overnight we will get a bit more rain with some winds. This will be the edge of the low pressure system that was Tropical storm Elsa. This seems to be the first storm of the year to have an effect on this area. We will be east and south of the major rain events expected -- unless things move a bit on the approach to the Maritimes. 

I also did little today other than the two necessary errands. I had prepared to do a bit of reading for the professional volunteer work, but lost all energy into early afternoon. Again. I am trying to be kind to me about this continuing fatigue that is best explained as post-vaccine effects. Appetite disappeared during the day, too. I was hungry but there was nothing that enticed consumption. I ate, but nothing balanced or exciting. <smile> The greyness of the weather didn't help energize me, either. The twilight or dusk levels of light left me flat. 

The break in the greyness occurred as I drove home after the outing today. There was a brief moment of sun shining through the heavy cloud. That gave me a moment of hope in a metaphorical way. It was a short respite from the oppressiveness of the heavy cloud and semi-darkness of the day.The chorus of a song came to me in that moment. I share that with you today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Have you Ever Seen the Rain -- Creedence Clearwater Revival. 



No comments:

Post a Comment