Saturday 17 July 2021

Day 8 - 198 -- Cleaning and Communicating



Saturday has been mainly sunny and warm with ghastly humidity. In the house, the dehumidifier on the main floor reduces moisture by 10-15% but at the cost of increasing ambient air temperature by 3-5 degrees. this creates a battle with the a/c that is trying to cool the air <sigh>. The dehumidifier in the basement works almost constantly on days like today. It does keep the cooler air drier and more comfortable. I took advantage of this air as I went up and down to complete the laundry today. Cleaning tasks upstairs were spaced out so that I didn't overheat. <smile> 

My major task today was to write and submit two peer review reports for two professional journals. I enjoy being part of this process. Though there are times when it brings back memories of grading papers -- usually when I encounter poorly written or conceptualized manuscripts or the research designs lack expected rigor.It happens. Regardless of the mechanics of the papers, the ideas and content can be very interesting. The variety of questions addressed by studies is fascinating. The time spent keeps me engaged with the wider professional community and allows me to assist authors and editors to communicate relevant information clearly and succinctly -- and I learn something new in the process.  Now that is a great way to spend a few hours on a summer afternoon -- feeling connected with the great big world! <smile> 

So -- no song came to mind as I was cleaning and writing today. But, I did hear that today marks 40 years since the release of the seventh album of a band that has been around longer than that in one form or another. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Don't Stop Believing -- Journey




No comments:

Post a Comment