Monday 30 August 2021

Day 8 - 241 -- Seeing Red

The day and the week got an early start with the first of three appointments. This meeting with the optician led to a new pair of glasses ordered and set to arrive in 1-2 weeks. Sooner would be better. Cool how well I could see with the close to mid-range lenses. I had a quick snack back home and then headed off to a routine appointment at the hospital. At home again, I had a phone meeting with the MD to get a prescription renewal. When that call ended, I checked in with email and social media messages. I can hope the rest of the week is as productive as today felt. 

When leaving the driveway this morning something caught my eye. The burning bush shrub exhibited one fully changed crimson leaf and one partially changed to that deep red of autumn. This seems early, but it is just 1.5 small leaves. <smile> It reminded me of the glorious colours that will arrive in 6 weeks or more. Other trees and shrubs have not moved from their summer wardrobe. It was a bright note in the grey overcast day that ended with a fair amount of rainfall. 

The song shared today deals with the colour red. It has a futuristic narrative that brings positive thoughts and hopes. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Red Barchetta -- Rush 




No comments:

Post a Comment