Thursday 19 August 2021

Day 8 - 229 -- Being Present

Today was cloudy but warmer with higher temperatures as lower overnight lows again. That generally means higher humidity and feel like temperatures that create discomfort. 

I felt tired of doing more needed paperwork again so didn't get through things as I'd hoped. I still have a ways to go with the current group of tasks and then a couple of other things will need attention once current group moves to someone else's desk. I took a short walk this afternoon and mailed off some major paperwork. On the way back home, I spent time visiting with Lucy the young ginger tabby from down the street. I wondered today if her name came from her hair colour maybe <smile>.  As I continued uphill, I realized she was following me and had fun running and jumping through my yard. She came up onto the porch after I entered the house. There, she had a good bath and then curled up for a nap that lasted a couple of hours. She was gone by sunset. 

Reflecting on our furry visitor today got me thinking of several things. Taking advantage of a peaceful place to pause and relax floated to the top of mind. Enjoying the day and making note of cool moments as they arrive seems a good direction to head. I envied Lucy her ability to live in the moment. These actions may help me get through some of the difficult moments -- like paperwork and record keeping. <smile> These ideas led me to a song. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Present Tense -- Pearl Jam




No comments:

Post a Comment