Tuesday 10 August 2021

Day 8 - 220 -- Never Assume

Today involved a long trip to the big city. For one appointment, a major paper snafu occurred which led to me waiting much longer than I expected. Once things got straightened out, It all took less time than expected. All in all, the early start and later return added to my weariness. The trip was successful despite the screw ups of other people. 

Small errors can have larger impacts on self and others. Apologizing can go a long way -- something that I didn't really encounter yesterday. It seems people assumed I hadn't arrived or blew off the meeting, when I was sitting in the waiting area for two hours before I approached someone to find out what was up. Never Assume should be part of daily routine -- just as much for me, who assumed they were just behind schedule and them for thinking I wasn't there. The waiting area was for several different areas, so I wasn't the only one waiting -- but I had been there the longest. All they needed to do was call my name when they realized they didn't have any registration documentation for me. A weird day overall. 

A song lyric line came to mind tonight when reflecting on the day "Can you say my name?" This would help us all to not assume. Keep safe! Enjoy! 

Invisible --Duran Duran



No comments:

Post a Comment