Thursday 12 August 2021

Day 8 - 222 -- Tiring Ordeal

It has been a week and it is only Wednesday <smile>. Today I had a 2 hour dental appointment -- the preparation for permanent caps. Three incisors were damaged in January 2020 when I face planted on the street. First of three temporary fixes was done in late February 2020 with further work to begin in 2-3 weeks. Of course, we were in lockdown then with dental offices closed until late summer. Further repair of repair happened during second wave. Work was planned for early spring only to be postponed again due to lockdown. A root canal was attempted last month -- no nerve serving that tooth it appeared. So -- today we prepared for permanent caps for all four incisors. Much drilling, impressions and attaching a temporary cap combining all 4 teeth occurred and seemed to go on forever. The temps look good, but there will be more drilling to remove them in 2 to 3 weeks when the permanent caps arrive. For someone with claustrophobia this was a long process. I survived thanks to the help and understanding of a great dentist.  I'll share the next leg of this protracted journey as we move towards the final stage of the repair and replacement. 

This evening I felt like I'd been punched in the nose. It is actually the bruising from the injections for freezing the upper mouth. I expect things will feel sore tomorrow, but that shouldn't be for more than a day or two. After eating supper, I felt very tired so paused for a nap that lasted 2.5 hours! I guess the ordeal took more energy than I might have guessed. 

The chorus of a song seemed to fit how I felt this evening. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Running on Empty -- Jackson Browne



No comments:

Post a Comment