Sunday 29 August 2021

Day 8 - 240 -- Fear Factor?

It was a quiet day at home. A couple of outdoor chores were completed in the sunny, dry, temperate air. Indoors, I worked on some overdue online and telephone communications.  

Why do some simple tasks seem to take so much mental energy? The fear factor involved seems odd for asking questions of others. Responses for informational needs might add complexity and require further problem solving. Requests for assistance can be challenging. Finding one or more people to help with a  task can bring anxiety. "What ifs" abound. I've always found people to help with chores that need someone other than me to complete. I have great friends. Really, I do. I still find asking for help feels like imposing on the time of other people. Would I do the same to help them? Of course! Then why do I feel such trepidation or unease in asking for a favour? Is it that I feel like a burden to others when I don't see them that way? So, one of two such items has been dealt with today. I will need to call for information from a corporate entity tomorrow. Not friends, so they may be less inclined to assist. We'll see. 

The pressure put on myself at time is ridiculous. Yet, it comes and goes uninvited. Breathing, walking and listening to music can help me re-centre. <smile> The song today deals with some of the feelings I had for a while today. the video is a bit off, but the audio is great. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Under Pressure -- Queen & David Bowie 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment