Tuesday 17 August 2021

Day 8 - 226 -- Working on the Future

 I completed some important record keeping tasks today. This was followed by completing forms needed for three different current activities. What can I say -- Living the Dream <grin>.  Some paperwork is tedious and I seem to leave things until the deadline is right in front of me. So, today I tackled the tasks and moved things fairly quickly. Why I leave them sitting and stewing in my mind is beyond me. Each leads to positive outcomes, so that can't be why. I will be able to submit these via mail or in person tomorrow and then they are on someone else's desk. 

Rather than cooking in the heat today, I chose to order take out. I called three times and got either a busy signal or dead air. Not a good sign. The restaurant is a 5 minute walk so I headed out to see if it was closed for some inexplicable reason. They weren't. I let them know about the phone and they were aware. They must be missing many take out phone orders while they wait for a new phone to be delivered. It would take 20 minutes so I chose to head back home rather than sit inside with many people coming and going. when I got the food home, the main -- a calzone -- was soggy and rubbery. The goal was to not have to turn on the oven. Epic fail there. Once crisped up, though, it was wonderful. This is the second time the food was unappealing when I got it home. So, I may need to write a wee note somewhere or give them a call once they have a working phone. It is disappointing since I've frequented this restaurant for almost two decades and never had a problem. Hmmm. 

While I've been longing for crisp pizza crust and basically working for improved futures, a song line repeated in my head. It is a well known line that is repeated often at the end of the song. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dream On -- Aerosmith





No comments:

Post a Comment