Thursday 26 August 2021

Day 8 - 236 -- Restoration Done

For a mid-week day, this went fairly well. The heat alert continues for another two days. When I opened the front door to check the mail, I was met with a solid wall of sauna room air. By supper time, there were some clouds so the intensity of the heat seemed lessened. 

My big event for today was another trip to the dentist for further restorative work. It was physically taxing, as was expected. The temporary bridge of the upper four incisors was cut with the drill and then cracked to remove it in pieces. I nearly laughed in the midst of this when it reminded me of the chocolate oranges that require people to bang them against the table or counter top to separate the wedges. This reminded me of that -- mildly warped <grin>. The permanent caps were glued in, which was almost worse than the freezing process. The bitterness of the compound used brought me close to gagging. They worked quickly and I was never so relieved for a water rinse. So, I will need to get used to the new feel and using them. I need to be careful and not deal with anything hard or extra sticky over the next few days. When I got home, I was wondering what to have for supper as I sat with the television. I woke up two hours later. I guess the process was more demanding physically and mentally that I thought.  

I started this journey over 19 months ago with a song to find a way to smile about the broken teeth from the fall. Today,  I chose to use the same song to say goodbye to the latest iteration of the temporary teeth. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Baby Take Your Teeth Out -- Frank Zappa



No comments:

Post a Comment