Saturday 21 August 2021

Day 8 - 232 -- Weird Encounters

 I had to run to three places for errands today. A friend picked up some amazing orange cherry tomatoes from the Framers Market today. I received a quart! These taste so sweet with a bit of tang -- better than any sweet treat, for sure. I also went to a second grocery store to find some real grapes -- not the hybrids that I had to return to a different store yesterday. Then came an unplanned sojourn when I discovered the need for AAA batteries. One item uses four of these and darn if there weren't only two in the storage drawer. <sigh> So now things are up and functional again. 

While out today, I was feeling more positive than yesterday. I had a decent sleep so was ready to face the day with more upbeat attitudes. Now, there were folks out there bound to change this today. When pulling into one parking lot, one driver pulled out in front of me to cross over to the exit lane beside me. As I carefully edged forward a second car began to pull out in front of me. I pointed and held up my hand indicating that they should stop -- the space to drive in front of me was narrowing. This driver waved blithely at me and carried on driving to where they wanted to be -- the same exit lane as the person before them. AAUUGGHH  In another store, I set my item down on the counter at the check out and moved ahead to where the pay machine was -- about 3 feet away. As I stood there, the cashier was finishing replacement of the register tape and then I sensed something odd. I turned to see a masked woman in line behind me who was ignoring the floor spaced clearly marked as stand 6 feet apart and wait here until the person in front has cleared the aisle. I looked shocked and then angry -- she looked at me seeming oblivious to the eye language. It was clear I wasn't smiling under the mask. <sigh> I took another step away from her and she kept wandering around. I nearly said to the cashier that I would be back as I'd forgotten something and that she should serve this twit before me. But I didn't. It would have been safer to do that than remain. At least she had a mask on. 

I was surprised that I chose to remain in my calm place and not let these goofy people affect me negatively. That is difficult for me to do most days. So this was a win. Thinking through the afternoon encountered I heard a line from a song that made me laugh --- goes back to "I should have" thinking. the line fills the chorus. Now, violence is not my way to deal, but this could have referred to a metaphorical actions rather than a physical one. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mama Said Knock You Out -- LL Cool  



No comments:

Post a Comment