Friday 6 August 2021

Day 8 - 217 -- Things Going Up

 

Today was cloudy again with pouring rain for a short while late morning. The temperature rose to 25C (77F) feeling like 36C (97F)! Bizarre. The brisk breeze helped make the air feel less solid than it did when I checked for mail at lunch. I had one appointment to pick up paper work and then decided to get a couple items from a nearby store. Got to the check out and realized I didn't have my wallet me. I don't recall the last time I was out without a wallet. I asked cashier to set it on the counter behind here and I would be back shortly. Home I trudged and then back to the store to complete the sale. When I got home and looked at the receipt, one item had a sale shelf tag and I was charged full price <sigh>. I wasn't about to walk back for a third time today. This will have to wait until tomorrow. <grump> 

I find it frustrating when shelf tags and computer pricing do not match. There is no reason for this. If the sale is over or doesn't start until the next day, shelf tagging should keep up with the date. I also commented to a friend that one simple product that was the cheapest on the shelf of similar items years ago is not very expensive. Production would not have increased cost as much as this has increased -- about 4 times the cost of the same thing 10-15 years ago. Even in the past 6 months, my monthly expenses have increased. No extravagant purchases have occurred each month. Year over year expenses have not changed but the cost of the goods and services has soared. Inflation has been higher lately and economists tell us that will moderate in the short term, but I am not convinced that the prices will fall accordingly. I expect food, fuel and pharmaceuticals will remain at their current inflated level for the most part -- the pessimist in me coming through perhaps. 

I found a song to share about the economy that fits well with some of my thoughts and recent discussions. Who'd have thought! <grin> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Inflation Blues -- BB King



No comments:

Post a Comment