Tuesday 31 August 2021

Day - 242 -- Quarreling Forecasts

The day became sunny and hotter with humidity again. I ran a couple of small errands for the furry friend and made a bank stop. All around town, students are moving into their apartments -- it is the end of the month today, so I expect there will more in the next day or two. Classes start in a week, so they will need to  get things settled and unpacked. 

The weather forecasters are split between following the European or the US model for where the remnants of Ida will head. The US model takes things further north so that only the southern part of Nova Scotia will get a lot of rain. The European model takes the mess further south so that Nova Scotia will get mega-rain -- 50-100+ mm (2-4+ inches). This would mean localized flooding and two very wet days. Winds will not be huge, but some small branches will likely fall. This is forecast to happen Thursday into Friday. I have an appointment early Thursday, so I hope it isn't a typhoon-like rain until later in the day. I will wear the rain gear either way. 

I don't mind rain, but being out walking in heavy rain isn't as delightful as a softer rain. I have a good jacket and pants that help keep my dry-ish. <smile> Often rain runs up my arm as I hold the hood in place if there is a wind driving the rain. It is just water, though, so it isn't horrible just momentarily uncomfortable. A song title has often gone through my mind on days when I encounter major tropical rain storms. It is by a favourite band from back in the day. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Who'll Stop the Rain -- Creedence Clearwater Revival




No comments:

Post a Comment