Tuesday 24 August 2021

Day 8 - 235 -- Reminiscing

 Much of the day involved checking in on people who have missed deadlines -- frustrating when these affect my deadlines <sigh>. Things seem to be a couple days behind the most recent revised schedule. When I'd expected this to be completed over a month ago, knowing that it will be a couple of weeks more is disturbing. <sigh> Hopefully, this one item will be off the to do list as soon as possible. On another project, I was reminded of an appointment time tomorrow for one I never knew had been made for me. So, that one is moving forward a few days ahead of expected deadlines. I guess it all evens out in the end. <smile> 

While I paused for a bit this afternoon, I read of the death or Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones. That added to the subdued feelings I had already today. I had been thinking of a good friend whose birthday is today. We haven't seen each other for several years and she has resided in a long term care facility for almost 3 years. Two songs are shared today in honour of each of these individuals. The first highlights the combined jazz and rock drumming styles of Watts. The second is a song that my friend loved from a super group that was in heavy play often at her home.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 


Gimme Shelter -- The Rolling Stones


Handle with Care -- The Traveling Wilburys




No comments:

Post a Comment