Thursday 5 August 2021

Day 8 - 215 -- Gifts of Friendship

 The day was mostly sunny and seasonably warm. After a virtual meeting with a colleague, I had to rush up to campus to update software on the research computer - a bizarre process that requires one to login while on campus to update the O/S licence. I need to discover how this is done when people are not near campus or on sabbatical elsewhere for a year. The library -- where the IT desk is located -- locks 5 minutes before closing. I got there 10 minutes before the appointed time only to find that security had locked things early. So frustrating. I could have been in and out in under 5 minutes. So, I headed to another building  to print and check to see who might be around at the later time. I found a good friend and was able to use their lab computer space to hard wire and boot. That was great so I could do other virtual visits later today. 

Again today I felt lucky to have friends both near and far. Things are easier when shared. When in the midst of things going sideways friends help with problem solving or carrying the load. Lyrics of the song shared provide a deeper look at the gift that friendship can be. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Gift of a Friend -- Demi Lovato 






No comments:

Post a Comment