Wednesday 23 March 2022

8-82 (23/3/22) -- Expectations

It has been another windy, cool day. I went out briefly to pick up the flyers from the front yard and get the mail. It is a spring weather pattern -- bits of snow and rain and wind with splashes of sun some days. While there are definite signs of plant growth underway, March weather can be less kind. 

To be honest, with all the things I need to do inside the house, the cooler weather outside helps me to get something done. Some day smaller parts of large tasks are completed than on other days, but something happens each day, so there is forward movement. Being kind to myself is difficult, though. I just want it all done, but it will take time. I'm not sure that fact sits well with me. For some reason I think that I should be able to do more in less time. When that becomes overwhelming, less work gets done. It seems to be a vicious circle. Some days a lot of sorting and cleaning gets done. On those days, I feel I've made a major stride forward. On other days, like today, I get very small bits done and that leaves me feeling defeated.  

A song from my childhood came to mind today. I chose a video version by a more recent artist. I like the live rehearsal aspects of this recording. It shows that work is underway to polish this song. That felt familiar to me. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Pick Yourself Up --Diana Krall



No comments:

Post a Comment