Thursday 24 March 2022

9-83 (23/3/22) -- Freeing Activity

Today we had some sun with a few clouds. It became overcast by late afternoon -- a portent of things to come. The forecast includes a storm with overnight snow turning to rain by afternoon tomorrow, however there will be an extended period of freezing rain during the changeover. I really dislike freezing rain. It is so damaging. The storm takes place during the day at least, so the event will not be hidden by darkness. 

This afternoon, I completed sorting tasks of paper files. The end result was a huge bag of paper and another of shredding. Further files remain and will be tackled in the next day or two. This activity feels freeing -- like shedding a skin must feel for a snake. I'm able to get out from under the piles of files. <smile>  Why that buzz doesn't stay or encourage me to keep doing something each day is baffling. Maybe the sun played a role in my positive mood today. Who knows? I have read that people feel good after decluttering. It is difficult to understand that this might occur, but I now have my own evidence to add to the global knowledge base. <grin>  I also agree with the advice I've always given -- start with a small task and move on from there. This can assist with the overwhelming nature of a huge job.Funny how we don't take the advice that we willingly provide for others. Hmmm. My self talk will need to use this evidence-based approach to get me moving to do a clearly delineated task. If I get into a groove and choose to take on the next small task, all the better.  

While sorting and shredding, I heard the repetitive opening lines from the song shared today. I find the rhythms, vocals and instrumentation of this one to be relaxing, too. Keep safe. Enjoy!

I Feel Free -- Cream 



No comments:

Post a Comment