Monday 7 March 2022

9-65 (6/3/22) -- So Sleepy

It's been a grey day with snow turning to rain by early evening. More snow fell than I'd expected, so I spent time moving it before the rain got serious. I also cleared off the car so it is ready to move out of the driveway early tomorrow when the workers arrive to dig up the back yard and replace the sewer pipe. Hopefully, this will be a good start to the week. 

While I had a better sleep than the past few days, I was so tired during the day. Every time I sat down for a tea break, I thought I'd fall asleep. Instead, I stood in the kitchen to cook and challenge my brain to do three things at once -- turkey a la king, biscuits and fruit crisp. All turned out amazingly. <smile> 

I realized that when I sat down to watch TV or check online, that my eyes felt scratchy and my mind kept drifting away from the task at hand. Perhaps the sandman has taken up residence in the house in an attempt to keep warm and dry. Carrying wet sand around must be difficult -- dry sand would be hard enough. A goofy song from a few decades ago came to mind to describe my situation. I do like the arpeggios throughout. But, remember, I warned you it was goofy and may be attached to a possible ear worm. <yikes>   Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mr. Sandman -- The Chordettes






No comments:

Post a Comment