Friday 11 March 2022

9-69 (10/3/22) -- Spring in the Air

Today was a brilliant sunny day. There was a perceptible buzz around town today. People were in an upbeat mood saying this was really spring weather. There were lots of smiles present as I did errands and walked along the street. 

Now that said, the media felt the need to interject with the news of a major low pressure system headed our way for the weekend, complete with rain and wind warnings. I'm not surprised since we've had a storm every weekend for almost two months with most early to mid-week storms thrown in for good measure. With the melt and run off there is a lot of mud out there. Over an inch of rain will make it so much worse. Spring weather here tends to bring warmth but a lot of mud, so much so that friends refer to it as mud season. 

I guess knowing that there is a storm in the offing Makes us appreciate the calm sunny days more. The furry one had a nap in the sun on the kitchen floor today. I started my day just sitting in that splash of sunshine with him. Tomorrow should be a sunny day, which will help me get some other errands done without being caught in a deluge <smile>.  

A song came through my ear buds as I was out walking today. It reminded me of the positive attitudes that I encountered along the way. The song is happy and encourages people to enjoy the day. Keep safe. Enjoy!  

Let's Dance On -- The Monkees




No comments:

Post a Comment