Tuesday 15 March 2022

9-74 (15/3/22) -- Beware

 

It is the Ides of March. The day was cloudy day with sunny spots occasionally and a cool wind. I made two trips to undo purchases made yesterday. The first was to return a belt since I had picked up the wrong size. When I went to get a replacement, I had to choose a different design since of the three others that were there yesterday, only an XL was left. That means that with my purchase, three belts of this one type were sold yesterday. Who knew? A run on belts? What I do know is that I've looked in the few possible stores locally and this is the only place that had belts. I had ordered one online, but the 1-inch belt advertised arrived as a 2-inch wide belt. Not at all what I needed or wanted. <sigh>   

The second return was more complicated than a straight exchange. I had received a notice of a sale on frozen fruit with specific member pricing. The limit was four packages at 50% of the shelf pricing. So, I bought four. I checked at the till to ensure the discount had been applied and there was a chunk of a rebate given. When I got home, I realized that instead of bringing the price down for all four bags (the stated limit), it did this only for three bags. I called customer service and sat on hold for over 30 minutes last evening and then gave up to make supper. Today, they answered right after all the verbal messages. I carefully explained the situation. The rep asked if I had my receipt. Yes, I do. I was then told to go back to the store and they would adjust my points. But this isn't about points; its a pricing error. The store will fix that, too. The rep told me that they could help me if I didn't have my receipt, but the store was responsible for such changes if I did have a receipt. Now this got me thinking, since that is the opposite of what has happened in the past. It has always been an easy process either in live chat or over the phone. So, I schlepped back up to the store, thinking along the way that I was likely using the $3 difference in gas <sigh>. Well, it turned out this was not the store's responsibility as I'd thought. They were wonderful, though, and did provide a refund anyway. The stores used to do the member pricing but now the loyalty program does it. I put down the weirdness of both the belts and the frozen fruit to it being the Ides of March <grin>. 

A lyric line came to mind today -- be a very wary bear -- also a play on the Ides of March <smile>. I should be careful and check the receipt before I leave the store or the very least the parking lot. I do this often, but not often enough, obviously <smile>. The song this came from is a goofy kid's tune, but I'm going to share it anyway. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Heffalumps and Woozels -- from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day



No comments:

Post a Comment