Monday 14 March 2022

9-73 (14/3/22) -- Momentum

 

It has been a busy and productive day. I made a quick trip to pick up some items that weren't on shelves last Friday and got everything on the list today. At home, I tackled the closets to clear out clothes that I am not wearing anymore. Got two large bags and a medium box filled with some things that still have a lot of wear in them. The front porch pickup is on Saturday. That leaves another couple of days to check out other corners for other items to donate. Garbage went to the curb tonight. I had a compost bin filled with branches -- very heavy to move -- and an extra bag of rags and such from the corners I've gotten to already. 

Working on one category of things to donate -- today it was clothes -- seemed to work well for me. Standing in a room with several starting points seems to create inertia. Thinking through where the clothing items might hang, made it easier to get into different closets without worrying about going through things other than clothes.. I felt like I had accomplished something worthwhile over the past two days of sorting and packing. Now, I hope I can keep the momentum going by chipping away at small areas takes less than the whole day and creates a positive feeling. I also began this task in mid- to late-morning, a time when I don't usually have meetings booked.This might become part of a new routine for the next little while. It depends on how sore I feel tomorrow. <grin> 

The title and a couple of lines of chorus ran around my brain for a while when working on the sorting tasks. I'd like to continue with the same level of energy and enthusiasm that I managed to muster today. That would make the larger project seem less overwhelming and more doable. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Stop Me Now -- Queen





No comments:

Post a Comment