Thursday 3 March 2022

9-61 (2/3/22) -- A Transition Season

It has been a mostly grey spring-like day with some moments of sunshine and blue sky. Precipitation consisted of a  snow-rain mix -- not a lot of either. I pushed the inch of slushy snow, which was heavy work so I was pleased there was not much there. Forecasters tell us to expect another 10 cm (4 in) of snow tomorrow followed by a hard freeze, so ice may prevail. The heartening aspect of this weather is that the snow won't last long at this time of year. My other outing was a trip out to Main Street for milk and a couple of other items. The walk was pleasant. Carrying heavy items made it a shorter walk than usual but still a good workout. 

The day had me thinking of spring -- a time of hope and perhaps promise. The sun is warmer. The ground is less frozen. The furry one is shedding more this week than on the weekend. All are signs of seasonal changes. Mixed precipitation, which is common at this time of year, represents the ups and downs of this transitional season. The back and forth nature of spring days take us from winter to summer with extreme swings in temperatures and slowly eases us into the next season. Many people want 'spring' to arrive but seem to define this as summery days. Understandable. We are all pretty much over winter by this point in time. <smile> The transition is necessary. So, I try to find the hope and promise of the change. An elderly friend used to tell me not to wish my life away. Sage advice. 

I chose a classical piece to share today. I like the uplifting nature of the music. Take time to listen and relax. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Spring -- Vivaldi (from the Four Seasons) 




No comments:

Post a Comment