Sunday 13 March 2022

9-72 (13/3/22) -- History on Screen

The wind is still present today with gust diminishing in intensity. There was even some sun into the afternoon. Snow arrived overnight as colder air came in with the more northerly winds. There isn't enough to shovel, but a broom will move it off the north-facing porch once the flurries leave today.  The big task of the day was to reset the clocks. Now I just need to adjust to the change. While doing a couple of loads of laundry, I accomplished some sorting and filling bags with linens and clothes for donation.

I took time with my afternoon tea to watch a some recorded TV programs. The latest season of Outlander began last week. I enjoy the attention to detail of the time period, characters and the books. I got the latest book of the series for myself at Christmas and will start that in the near future. The story has been a delight. From the first book, I felt I knew the characters. Gabaldon writes in detail yet hold the reader's interest -- not an easy feat. She had begun the story as a trilogy and is now working on the tenth book --much to the delight of her fans <smile>. I enjoy the historical aspect of the story. The 18th Century in Scotland, France and the US provides a rich background for the story of struggle, innovation, and perseverance. The story has given me a different perspective on my Scottish ancestors and the people who settled in the region I currently live in. 

The theme song of the television series has been the same song since the first season. The song has been presented differently for each successive season.  I share the version of  the current season. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Skye Boat Song --  Rod Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment