Sunday 27 March 2022

9-86 (27/3/22) -- Fairness

While  working in the house today, I had two movies on in the background -- The Theory of Everything and Les Miserables -- an Eddie Redmayne day, it seems. <smile>  Instead of a walk today, I played a game of pick up sticks in the yard. The past couple of wind storms brought down a number of smaller branches and twigs.  I filled the green (compost) bin that goes to the curb tomorrow. That gave me time to ponder themes that struck me when viewing these two movies for the umpteenth time. 

Much of what I was thinking,, had to do with the idea of fairness. Life often doesn't seem fair. It is so easy that an action that one person perceives as negligible can have a major impact on another person -- this may plunge a world into strife or it may improve a given situation. Either way, we don't really understand the full impact of our actions. We can guess about them, but we can't ever fully know. We also may find that dreams take longer to get what we think we want. If we journey right to the heart of things, our goals may change as we grow and move forward in life. 

There is a lot more to ponder on this subject, so I expect it will appear here in the future. The song chosen for today comes from an iconic rock band. The lyrics and title fit the thoughts of my day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

You Can't Always Get What You Want -- The Rolling Stones




No comments:

Post a Comment